Thursday 2 May 2013

Beta Reading


Beta reading rocks!

I kind of thought about it with my first two books but didn’t do anything with it until my sister had a look at my work and gasped in horror at the spelling and grammar. She, Jenny, is a bit of an English guru and fixed it all for me, but, more importantly, left me with the idea that I had to have my work looked at by fresh eyes.

A wonderful writer named Simone started a thread on Amazon looking for beta-exchange. My next book is close to being complete and is being passed around the terrific little group of readers/writers who have come together there.

Not only spelling/grammar – also great ideas to polish your work in general. If you are not being beta-read you’re missing out!!!
Here’s a link to the group on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdThread=Tx1M9M711GVV8YK

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful writer? I'm blushing. Your contributions to the group have been vital. When a writer beta reads, they contribute to the overall quality of literature in the world. I'm thankful to be a part of this group, and I'm thankful to have you in it. How many romance writers get to have their work checked by a MAN for authenticity? Thanks for sharing your mysteries. They're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete