Thursday 19 December 2013

Scared of the dark much?


Have you ever seen a ghost? Like, really seen one? It’s freaky! A human shape, floating, transparent… you know it isn’t alive. I see them a lot. Though, I’m not too sure how real they are. It’s always in that semi-sleep state. That bit where consciousness is fading and your mind is whirling around, flashing from one random thought to another, almost like it’s trying to cling to the present but it just can’t.

The thing about that state of semi-consciousness is that it seems the mind is susceptible to its highly powerful imagination, so maybe these ghosts are just a trick. Maybe. Or maybe it’s just that when you are in that drowsy state, you are susceptible to the ghosts in your bedroom.

Oh yeah… in my bedroom! That’s where I see them. I get these ghosts trying to get into my bed. No, don’t laugh. Not like that. I mean, they want in and they want me out. Like, what the heck are you doing in my bed, dude! Lol. I know. Easy to joke about it in daylight, but it’s seriously scary at the time. And the weird thing… the think that makes it really spooky. Just up the road there’s this historic cemetery from the turn of the last century, and I’ve only started getting these visits since I walked through reading all the old tombstones.
So yeah – maybe just imagination, or maybe they followed me home? Hmm… Anyway, if you’re into ghost stories, I’ve written a few that are in editing and will be published soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment